What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files, usually consisting of letters and numbers, placed on your computer, tablet, phone or similar device, when you use that device to visit this Website.
Cookies are used by Medicago to make the Website operate more efficiently and provide analytical information.
These are the different types of Cookies we and our third parties may use on our Website:
- Strictly necessary Cookies. These Cookies are required for the operation of our Website. These Cookies enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Disabling these Cookies will encumber the Website’s performance and may make some of the features and services unavailable.
- Analytical and performance Cookies. These Cookies allow us to analyze activities on our Website and on other sites where we post content in order to improve and optimize the way our Website works. For example, we may use these types of Cookies to ensure that visitors can easily find the information they are looking for on our Website. One way we do this is to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around our Website when they are using it. Analytics Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our advertising campaigns and to optimize our Website’s content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Advertising Cookies. These Cookies record your online activities, including your visits to our Website, the pages you have visited, and the links and advertisements you have clicked. One purpose of this is to help make the content displayed on our Website more relevant to you. Another purpose is to allow us and our third parties to deliver advertisements or other communications to you that are designed to be more relevant to your apparent interests. When we and our third parties do so, this also involves service providers such as publishers, data management platforms, and demand side platforms that help to manage the data. For example, if you look at one page on one of our Website, we may cause an advertisement to be delivered to you, on our Website or on other sites, for products referenced on that page or for similar products and services. We and our third parties may also append other data to information collected by these Cookies, including information obtained from third parties, and share this information with third parties for the purpose of delivering ads to you.
- Help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to the Website;
- Analyze your visiting patterns to improve our Website;
- Deliver advertising, communications, social features, and content from us and third parties, on our Website and websites of third parties, specific to your interests;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Help you obtain information you are looking for;
- Measure how many people use our Website, and how they use them, to keep our Website running efficiently and to better understand our Website’s audiences;
- If you register on our Website or otherwise provide us with your personal information, we may associate that information with other information we collect from or about you or that you provide, information regarding your use of our Website, or information we receive from or about you from third parties. We will use this combined data for marketing and analytics purposes.
Cookies may also be used that allow us and third parties to know when you visit our Website, and to understand how you interact with emails, advertisements, or other content. Through Cookies, aggregate and other information not considered to be personal data (such as your operating system, browser version, and the URL you came from, including from emails and advertisements) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. This technology counts the number of users who visit a particular service from specific banner advertisements outside the Website or who clicked on links or graphics included in email newsletters received from Medicago.
It is also used as a tool to compile aggregated statistics about how the Website is used, to perform and analytics and help us to optimize our Website, and to help serve you advertising based on your interests, as described in further detail below in Section 5.
How long do Cookies stay on devices?
Some of our Cookies operate from the time you visit our Website to the end of that particular web-browsing session. These Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your internet browser. These Cookies are called “session Cookies”.
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions. They do not expire when you close your browser. These Cookies are called “persistent Cookies”. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from cookie to cookie. We use persistent Cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our Website, how often you return, how your use of the Website may vary over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Who puts the Cookies on devices?
Cookies may be placed on your device by Medicago as the Website operator. These Cookies are called “first party Cookies”. Some Cookies may be placed on your device by a party other than Medicago. These Cookies are called “third party Cookies”.
How does Medicago use online and mobile advertising?
We and third parties, including technology partners, and service providers engage in interest-based advertising to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we and other advertisers believe will be of interest to you. To the extent third party vendors are using Cookies to perform these services for Medicago, Medicago does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Ads may be delivered to you based on your online or mobile behavior (on Medicago Website and non-Medicago websites), your search activity, your responses to one of our advertisements or emails, the pages you visit, your general geographic location, or other information. These ads may appear on our Website or on third party websites.
How do you Manage Cookies?
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies. Where applicable by law, visitors to our Website are asked whether or not they want Cookies placed on their browsers. If you choose not to have Cookies placed on your device, Medicago will comply with your opt out and no Cookies that we personally control will be placed on your device. In countries where an explicit opt in is not required, we offer you the opportunity to opt out at any time; otherwise, we will place Cookies on your device for the purposes stated above.
Most browsers accept Cookies automatically, but you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance.
Privacy at Medicago
How to Contact Us
Should you have any questions about this policy or our personal information processing practices, you may contact us at:
1020 Route de I‘Église, Suite 600
Quebec, Quebec G1V 3V9