Our team at Medicago is laser-focused on developing global public health solutions, however, our team is also always looking for ways that they can give back to their local communities. It is because of the support of our communities that we have been able to establish breakthroughs in science.
We are so proud of the initiatives that our team in North Carolina has engaged in. From providing school supplies for the Durham Public School system to assisting local food banks for neighbors in need, our teams are actively working to support the communities in which they work.
While our efforts extend throughout the year, we want to take this moment to recognize National Volunteer Week, to celebrate all of the contributions of volunteers in the community and how their efforts support a more connected society.
Every day we work to nurture opportunities that help others learn and grow. We wanted to highlight some of the amazing organizations we have engaged with and are excited to continue to work with
- Backpack Buddies program: This program sends children home with enough food for four meals over the weekend. Along with other options such as providing free breakfast or lunch to students.
- Local food banks in need, such as Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina
- Youth Villages Christmas: A program to provide Christmas gifts for children.
- Homeless shelter: Across Durham support to make over 200 lunches. This also included collecting supplies, making dinner, and serving patrons at the shelter, with organizations such as The Durham Rescue Mission
- Local animal shelters: Including, the SPCA of Wake County and the Animal Protection Society of Durham.
- Ronald McDonald House: Supporting supplies needed for families while they care for a sick child in the hospital.
Our employees go above and beyond their roles at Medicago, demonstrating their continued compassion, generosity, and involvement in their local communities. As a team, we are always looking for ways we can support organizations in the communities we live.